- For the Digital Creativity Labs and the University of York: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For consulting with The Pagonis Network: email@example.com
- For speaking engagements & paid appearances: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For press, on-air television & radio interviews: email@example.com
- If you have a science question for Dr. Drachen, please ask him on Twitter @andersdrachen
For my students, please note my following policies:
- Five.sentenc.es is a personal policy that all email responses regardless of recipient or subject should be five sentences or less (only in rare cases do I write more).
- If your email has more than 300 words in it, I have likely only read your first paragraph.
- If you did not hear back from me, consider the advice in this email charter. It’s not personal, just information overload.
- I am struggling with work-life balance, maybe you are, too. Read about these horror stories. It means I have to be careful with managing information flow.
- If your question is really urgent and you need an answer asap, call my office line available from the University of York website or Ms. Jane Andrews from DC Labs on (+0044) 01904 325666.
- I am checking email at my firstname.lastname@example.org account twice a day, morning and evening. I only check other emails once every few days. You have a much better chance to reach me in time at my york.ac.uk account (all my other accounts forward there), so please update your electronic address book accordingly.
- My preferred method of contact is email. I cannot respond to all questions, but I try to answer them when and if possible.
This policy heavily inspired by my good colleague Dr. Lennart Nacke.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Answers
When is it best to schedule a meeting with you during the week?
Monday and Thursday from 10-14 GMT+0 is my preferred time. Please always schedule the meeting via email.
Where can I find more information about your work?
Right on this page. Look under “publication”, “media” or “reports”. I am trying to keep these updated and hope that you will find some useful information there. Here are some news articles from the press about my work:
GamesIndustry.biz: The Future of Data Analysis
The Data Sceptic Podcast: Game Analytics
I need to send you regular mail: What is your postal address?
Dr. Anders Drachen
DC Labs – University of York – Ron Cooke Hub
Heslington – York – YO10 5GE – United Kingdomc